Want to give the Gift of Dignity this Holiday Season??
Sign our petition to Put Food in the Budget of our neighbours on social
assistance. An immediate increase of $100/month to enable people to purchase
healthy food is a gift that:
– combats hunger and injustice
– reduces reliance on our already over-burdened food banks and volunteers
– is a start at eliminating some of the wasted time and energy that goes
into maintining our systemic, second rate food system for the poor.
– is a first step towards raising rates to adequate levels that reflect the
real cost of living in Ontario.
– restores the right of individuals to purchase their own healthy food
– is simply the right thing to do.
Thanks to all of you who sign this petition and help to restore some balance
in a world where Charity cannot redress poverty and inequity.